Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is dedicated to helping Queensland companies expand their markets and earn more export dollars through an individualised and targeted service.
Part of the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, TIQ provides a range of export assistance services through a team of experts with international business experience, multilingual skills and international business contacts, including:
- Export capability assessment
- Practical export advice
- Export skills development programs
- Introduction to potential business partners and export opportunities
- Trade missions to overseas markets and on-the-ground support
- Key introductions to inbound buyers visiting Queensland
- TIQ is also the lead agency in attracting investment into Queensland targeted industries
Assistance is provided through TIQ's domestic and international network including:
- Market specialist teams in Brisbane covering key export markets, including China, India, Middle East, Japan, Korea, South-East Asia, Taiwan, United States, Latin America, Europe and Russia, Africa and the Pacific.
- An overseas network including TIQ's international representation in China (Shanghai, Beijing); Hong Kong, Guangzhou; Taiwan (Taipei); Japan (Tokyo); Korea (Seoul); Indonesia (Jakarta); India (Bangalore, Jamshedpur and Mumbai); Europe and Russia (London and Paris); the Americas (Los Angeles); United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi); and Saudi Arabia (Riyadh)
- Queensland Government Special Representatives, who have high-level contacts with private sector and government representatives in key export destinations and lead trade missions to these markets, and
- Experienced regional advisers provide assistance across Queensland
Image from Tourism Australia